Deal with the drama...deal with me.

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Almost paradise...

It's been some time since I last updated my blog but the recent trip to Krabi deserves some air time.

I had been waiting in anticipation for the trip to Krabi after receiving rave reviews about the islands there. Oh...it was beautiful....the Nopparat Thara and Ao Nang beaches were splendid! I totally relished in the bumpy speedboat rides as the wind cooled my sun-overexposed face and everywhere I turned, it was just acres and acres of blueness. The vast ocean made me forget my worries...if only for a while.

The islands we went to were truly magnificent - clear waters, fine and white sand. All we did during the trip was to bask in the sun and eat good food. And we obviously overdid the swimming and snorkelling which resulted in the sunburnt bodies. For me, sunburnt scalp and face. Authentic souvenirs from Krabi I suppose. Talking about souvenirs, we didn't even have time to shop much!! Coz like I said, we were busy island-hopping!

It was a totally laidback lifestyle and I realised how important it is to go to these places to get away from the hustles and bustles of the city life, to appreciate the value of simplicity. However, you can take the girl out of the city but not the city out of the girl right..?hahahha...Short getaways are great for the soul and mind. It does wonders to your perspectives in life. But in the end, I'm still quite used to living in the city.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home