After working for a week, I realised that I am not particularly ready for the working life....well....at least not yet. I'm still in the mind of an undergrad (or grad)...gee...i sure am a confused student...The past few days of waking up early, catching the train, walking to Piccadilly Tower, sit down, do research, go for lunch, then go back to work, say bye to colleagues then walk around, get dinner, back to the train station, walk back home, wash-up, pray, TV, chill....mannnn....I am sooo not ready for this routine. It's damn tiring! Maybe it's because I haven't formed any sort of comfortable friendship with the rest. Everyone knows everyone else. I feel out of place and also at times, I feel like I'm intruding on their already solid circle. But of course, it is definitely a good experience for me.
As I was telling Zeebs, in the middle of our midnight snacks session on the bed (with love letters!), I think I would enjoy working at the APF...from what I gathered, the people are easy to work with, there are other people outside the Forum to meet and liaise with, the staff travels around the globe to different conferences and basically, they work for something they are passionate about - human rights. Sounds good to me. At this point of time, as an intern, I can't fully-capture the life of an APF staff because I don't do what they are doing.....Most of the time, I listen in to their conversations and I pretty much learn about the Forum by the things they talk about around me.
I don't think 2 weeks is enough for me to truly form a bond with the staff but it's certainly good for networking and collating resources for my thesis. So there you go.....a summary of my first week at the APF. And I miss Perth soooo much....have I mentioned this before? I think I have.
"If you have made mistakes, even serious ones, there is always another chance for you. What we call failure is not the falling down, but the staying down.."- Mary Pickford
p/s it's my parents' anniversary.....09/09....hmmm......there's a significance to 09/09/09...only Audz and Naz would know....hahah
3 Comments:
Heyo Razoo... Ahem yes, Happy Wedding Anniversary to your parents, today!! It seems that your trip to Sydney has been quite eventful. Good to hear about Mr. Fitzpatrick and yah about your work colleagues. So yearpp, keep up the good work. Ball photos are out and up... Chat to u laterzz...
wow....that's very fast of you Audz. I just uploaded the entry. got ur sms...thanx heaps. looking forward to the perth life once again...hahah
Hey hommie...glad that you're settling at your workplace & getting to know how it all works. Have fun, stay positive & i miss ya too! Catch you soon.. :)
Veenz
Post a Comment
<< Home