Internship @ APF - Day 1
Yes...I'm in Sydney for the 2nd time...but this time round, it's not on a pure holiday. I have to work. Where? At the Asia Pacific Forum for National Human Rights Institutions. I was scared shitless before I left. When the plane touched down, I felt like returning back to Perth. Heyy...it's not easy leaving your second home. ..It's already bad enuff leaving HOME. I don't know why I put myself thru' these things actually....*shakes head*
Anyway, it is good to have Zeebs around....calmed my nerves to actually have someone familiar to talk to. She sent me to the train station this morning. I WOKE UP AT 7AM.....that's 5 am PERTH TIME....don't pray pray hor...! Wahlauuuu.....damnit....I couldn't believe it myself!
Everything went well...got lost for a bit but managed to find my way...thank gdness for the trip to Sydney 2 years ago! When I saw the building, I was quite impressed. I went to the reception area and found out that the HREOC is located in the same building....woahhh!
Met my female supervisor, Jake, who is also the Exec. Director of PCHR...sorry...using abbreviations here coz I need to hurry....if u don't know, just ask me. hahah....the Director for APF is quite cute I must say....his name is Kieren Fitzpatrick....hahahahhahahaha...ketawa besar....hahahhahah....even Jake thought he looked exceptional good today...He did indeed!
Anyway, he let me sit in during his meeting with this Commonwealth guy...Jo Ford...who is, for the record, quite cute too. I sure as hell hope that they never, ever stumble upon my blog..hahahah...what are the chances right? He's from Zimbabwe apparently....ahhh....funny story...Kieren treated us to coffee....and I was somehow in my own world for a while....when I finally came back to reality, what i heard was Jo saying, "You obviously did not hear that!"....and I just smiled...it was sooo stupid.....hahahah....bad intern...badddd intern...! But Kieren has already established the fact that the meeting was too much for me....
It was quite insightful tho'. They both were very frank with each other and I felt so privileged to have been given the chance to sit in and listen to all the "off-the-record" stuff...hahahha...
After work, I walked around the city....heck...I remember why I preferred Melb to Syd....they walk so damn fast...reminds me of SG....sooo damn kecoh.....but i'm getting used to it. It feels rather exciting to be walking around on my own.......doing my own thing.....people rushing around me and I'm just taking my own sweet time....ahhh...then when I came back home, Zeebs was still at work....I was once again reminded of my thesis....*arrrghhhh*
Okay peeps...will keep u guys updated!



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home