Human rights and Islam
I'm glad I went for today's symposium...of course, I wouldn't miss it since I've already paid for it but it was raining rather heavily and I wasn't feeling too good....plus I had the flow...THE FLOW....hmmm....pardon the pun...I think only Jamil will get this....unless she's too blur to understand.
Anyway, I was greatly entertained by the many opinions shared. What I'm really happy about is that many of my thoughts have been reiterated especially by Dr Akhbar Ahmed. He mentioned a few ways on how to continue bridging the gap between Muslims and the rest of the world....one of which is through education. He also emphasized on the importance for us to turn to our Islamic scholars for a more accurate interpretation of the religion rather than listening to people who are not fully-equipped with the proper knowledge. This is precisely the reason why I would rather look for those who know more and better when I stumble upon a question that is testing what limited knowledge I have of my religion than to debate about it with some people who are just for show. (sorry...a bit of ghetto talk here)
It was a good symposium with very cogent speakers. They have indeed raised some issues that have got me thinking....hmmm food for thought.....Ooooo....and Kate's baby is soooo cuteeeee!! Again...check out the pics at rangelle.multiply.com....



1 Comments:
i'm glad the event turned out well. cold day, wasn't it. had creatibe writing during the time... i'm beginning to like the class more and more.
Post a Comment
<< Home