a little soul-searching during mid-day...and then, distractions..
It's 10 Muharram today.....fasting together with my Mom...woke up about an hour ago..(it's 2.30pm now)...anyway...just thought I'd rant about some random stuff...
The topic today is perfection...what it means...and what it entails. Ever so often, we hear of people trying to perfect himself/herself and they are perhaps chasing after something that may not even exist in the first place. No exception on my part. However, i choose to define perfection in my own terms...and play the game by my own rules. I believe there is no such thing as perfection but there is something very close to it...and that is what my game is all about. Sometimes, I want to do too many things at one time because I want to become this capable person, undeterred by challenges..
In fact,I aspire to be gracious yet distant enough to be a little bit mysterious...reliable yet unpredictable...and most of all, perfect yet i know I'm lacking in some ways. It's all about the contradictions in life that bring me much closer to that point of near-perfection. I feel that some people may have misunderstood the true meaning of 'perfection' because they restrict their understanding of the term to just that particular one they find in the dictionary. That's a pity really because soon these people will discover to their dismay that that one meaning of perfection may never really exist. But then, people are entitled to whichever meaning they believe in....i'm not propagating nor am i preaching..it is just my opinion that they shouldn't restrict it to one that is not even theirs. It will only increase one's stress level and in turn, diminishes one's confidence.
"I'm not denying, I'm frightened as much as you..."
AND THE DISTRACTIONS...
Okay, now that I've replenished my then tank of dangerously low energy level, I've some other things to confess! I am nursing an addiction to ben & jerry's that boasts of a huge selection of fabulous flavours! Arrrgghhh...! Do try it peeps!
Yesterday, while reading CLEO, I saw some new stuff by Shiseido...I've been a loyal Maybelline girl for sooo many years and even tho' sometimes i buy certain products from various other names, Maybelline has always been my foundation. I have a fetish for Maybelline's "Wet Shine:liquid diamonds" lip gloss...in fact, i have a fetish for lip gloss..who doesn't rite??!hahah! My favourite's called "amethyst sparks". Since I saw Shiseido's new stuff, I've been itching to get them. I think I'll get the new Shiseido lip gloss and hydro-powder eye shadow tomorrow...yayyy!! OoOoOoo....and I absolutely can't get enuff of perfumes....i've been wanting to get a new fragrance...maybe i'll get Britney's "Curious" because it looks so cool with da atomizer...hmmm...or Paul Smith's...or perhaps Echo.....hmmm...decisions...decisions!
Anyway, I am gonna attempt to write my own songs....I have actually tried doing that just for the fun of it...in fact, i have a couple written down in my book...hahahha...I think i shall also share some of my poems here and also some poignant lyrics that I find irresistable...Now that I don't get the chance to attend any English units in Uni, gotta keep the literary fire going for as long as possible...let it shine..let it shine i say...ahhh...what rubbish am i talking abt?...hmmmm....I've too many distractions...



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home