Deal with the drama...deal with me.

Wednesday, February 16, 2005

The movies that moved me..and those that i can't get enuff of..

I saw an ad in a mag about the release of "The Notebook" on vcds/dvds. Can't help recalling the scenes from the movie...some very vivid images come to mind. Nicholas Sparks has an amazing way of telling a love story (which is often set in North Carolina) in the most irresistable way possible. "The Notebook" has some of the most memorable lines delivered on-screen and I love the way romance lingers in the air thru'out the whole movie.

"I am nothing special; of this I am sure. I am a common man with common thoughts, and I've led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten, but I've loved another with all my heart and soul, and to me, this has always been enough. "

"Stay with you? What for? Look at us, we're already fightin'..Well that's what we do, we fight... You tell me when I am being an arrogant son of a bitch and I tell you when you are a pain in the ass. Which you are, 99% of the time. I'm not afraid to hurt your feelings. You have like a 2 second rebound rate, then you're back doing the next pain-in-the-ass thing. "

"So it's not gonna be easy. It's gonna be really hard. We're gonna have to work at this every day, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, for ever, you and me, every day. "

Sadly tho', I didn't connect to "The Notebook" as much as I did to "A Walk to Remember". Needless to say, "A Walk to Remember" is one of my favourite books/movies to date. I think the book is wayyy funnier than the movie..hard to believe but indeed, it is true. If you did watch the movie, it seems quite apparent that there is almost no humour except for the antics of Langdon's friends and the occassional smart-ass rebuttals between Jamie and Dean. The movie seems to emphasize more on the love story that exists between Langdon and Jamie whereas the book has a more focused portrayal of Langdon as a teenager who practically changed his whole perspective of life after meeting Jamie. Basically, the book centralised more on Langdon and his growth as a person and he made some really funny remarks in the book. I was laughing a lot while reading it (which was highly unexpected as I watched the movie first and was expecting to shed a tear or two).

"But our love is like the wind. I can't see it, but I can feel it..."

I remember watching "AWtR" while on my way back to Perth and I was sobbing endlessly (considering the fact that i was leaving my hometown again, i was undoubtedly crying due to multiple factors). It was so heart-wrenching and so moving that I bought the vcds so that I could watch it over and over again (and put myself thru' the emotional torment repeatedly..yes...very sadistic). And every single time I watch it, I feel something stirring inside of me...something deep in my heart. Dramatic..?yes.. i know..but hey..i'm an emo queen...and have you heard the soundtrack? It's one of the best in my soundtrack collection (alongside Bad Boys II, Save the Last Dance, You got Served and 50 1st Dates..). If you like ballads, you'll love this one coz it's got Switchfoot in its best form! -

"[Chorus] I dare you to move I dare you to move I dare you to lift yourself up off the floor I dare you to move I dare you to move Like today never happened Today never happened before [Verse] Welcome to the fallout Welcome to resistance The tension is here Tension is here Between who you are and who you could be Between how it is and how it should be"

Oh well...i think i'll write more on my fav. movies and stuff later on...

"I was getting along with everything fine. I accepted it, and then you happened! I do not need a reason to be angry with God."

1 Comments:

Blogger Dee said...

haha, yeah i know how much u love that movie... judging by the poster u have in your bedroom. very incriminating piece of evidence! ahahaha. and the fact that u surf the mandy moore website. i felt that the movie tied off a little too nicely at the end... pink ribbon and all. haha. but u know me lah... i crave pain and despair. haven't watched the notebook yet.. wanted to but i was always at the wrong place at the wrong time.

12:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home