Deal with the drama...deal with me.

Tuesday, February 08, 2005

everything's gonna be okay if i do it my way..my way.

A sequel to my first entry (which wasn't much but the title was and still is very significant).....Got that one from the legendary Frank Sinatra...and this one right here...i got it from LL Cool J...These words shall guide me thru' this year...to put it simply, I just need to "Do it my way":

Every single day, I learn something new...every single day, I just want to become a better person. And I have come to realise that originality is still the best - which means in order to achieve my goals and my dreams, I need to be able to do things my way. Yes...it may be hard sometimes, but ultimately, I have to hold on to the things that I believe are true and most of all, I have to hold on tight to my faith.

I am well aware that every time I'm put to the test, everyone else around me would be confident that I would do well...everyone except myself. Sounds like i'm low on confidence but it has helped me to push myself harder. Being the optimist that I am, no matter how low my confidence level is, I keep telling myself that things will be okay but simultaneously, I worry myself to death. It's complicated really and basically, all these while, it's just me against myself.

Everywhere I go, in everything that I do, I bring with me some expectations. Sometimes, this may be bad....but I believe, these expectations are only for myself thus it shouldn't be affecting anyone else (at least, that's how the story is supposed to go)...Hence, in order to make myself work harder and to help myself achieve my goals, these expectations are essential. The negative only comes when these expectations are not met (because I show my disappointments in overwhelming ways)...and again, I am the only one who is supposed to be affected..( I think there may be spill-over effects but I never intend for such things to occur).

Well....the point is...taking other people's success as examples to spur me on is one thing...to obtain success in my own unique way is another. Another individual's style may not suit me thus I have to always remind myself that what others do best may not be what I do best. The same things that they do, I need to do them my own way even if it takes longer. At the end of the day, only my assessment of myself matters most.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dee said...

words of wisdom there! in penning your thoughts to express yourself, u have also reminded me how universal your feelings are and how i find myself feeling the same way these days. thank u, razoo. i too am in the midst of shedding my own doubts and fears.

2:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home