Come, let us rejoice...
Hari Raya is the time for everyone to come together, not just to celebrate but most importantly, to reflect and repent...to carry thru' our good intentions from Ramadhan onwards.
I have many resolutions...as per usual. But I've learnt to take one step at a time. Nowadays, whenever someone crosses my path in the most unwelcomed way, I let go and I carry on with my life. I believe this has been the most useful lesson I have learnt in the past few years, albeit slowly and painfully. I am true to my beliefs, committed to my ideals. I certainly do not need to conform to standards I don't wish to abide by.
Having been away for 4 years, I have learnt the essence of celebrating Hari Raya with my loved ones, to immerse my body and soul into the spirit of togetherness. It is definitely essential to treasure the unique touch of every moment because it may never come around again. I am not just talking about Hari Raya but everything else in life.
I've decided that I will just continue doing what I love doing, what I need to be doing to get where I want to get to eventually. I don't care what others are doing to get to wherever they are heading to coz it is not my business to know how they wanna pursue their dreams. As long as they leave me alone, I will do the same.
However, I am also perfectly aware that as much as I want to be pure and forgiving, I am after all, only human. I still have my flaws, I still sin from words I shouldn't have spoken and actions I shouldn't have execute. It is inevitable as I am who I am. Even tho' I have learnt to let go, I am still the person who expects many things from others...and a whole lot more from myself.
At the risk of sounding like I am blabbering much about nothing, I am nonetheless sharing these views..just because.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home