R.E.S.P.E.C.T
That is a very important element in any friendship/relationship. In these past few days, I have been feeling guilty because I think I haven't been the person I hope/want to be. But I realised that I am just being human. I cannot control nature from taking its own due course. I cannot stop myself from feeling the things that a normal human being feels. It is improbable.
I invest a lot of time in a friendship I believe is worth my attention. I maintain the trust by keeping the many secrets I hold, to myself. I don't expect you to do the same things I do for you but I simply request you lend me your ears when I talk. I don't need you to keep talking about yourself when I was just about to tell you my story because I've spent hours listening to your problems so why can't you give me the same courtesy. Just don't make me stop listening to you....one day, when I no longer have the patience to tolerate you, you will realise what you're missing and you'll be sorry.
In the past year, I've learnt how to let go and shift my attention to people whom I did not have the opportunity to spend time with. Now, I am much at ease with the people around me, except for perhaps 1 or 2 others. One thing you have to know is that I do not go into a friendship just for the sake of making more friends. I hold dear the people around me who give me the love and support so I do not appreciate fakeness or insincerity. You give me ur trust and I'll give u mine if u assure me our friendship is real.
I've had some of the most incredible experiences in the past few years...Met people who have been generous enough in giving me wise words and then there are those who have taught me a lesson or two in life. I realise I cannot be bothered with those who talk more than they can actually do. Of late, my soul feels tortured (as dramatic as it may sound) and deeply bruised because I think I haven't been the person I hope to be. And this is because I let myself get influenced by the standards set by others. If you think you're ALL that then I must say you gotta sit down and try being a little modest. Those who are of greatness need not try so hard to make people notice them.
You need to understand that I cannot tolerate overconfidence (simply because it leads you to think you're wayyy better than others so you feel you gotta announce it to the world but it just means you cannot practise self-restraint). Well, it's good you think that about yourself...perhaps it will help you along the way. Whatever it is, do not stand in front of me, praising yourself more than others would because seriously, it's annoying. I will give you the admiration you deserve as and when I deem is appropriate. Bottomline is...refrain from self-adulating. Coz if you don't, you're pushing my buttons and you know it ain't easy to do that.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home